Absolutely nothing hard about this one!! Pizza is one of my favorite foods, but I didn’t feel like making the typical pepperoni or sausage. Seemed a little boring at the time. So I took a gander at the online menu for California Pizza Kitchen to get some ideas for a fun and unique ingredient combination.
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
1 roll of refrigerated pizza dough
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced or diced
1 green pepper, sliced or diced
1 small onion, diced
1-2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
shredded mozzarella or pizza-blend cheese
1. Saute peppers and onion in a small amount of olive oil. When softened, remove from pan and set a side.
2. If needed, add a little more olive oil to pan and fry up chicken. When chicken is fully cooked, return peppers and onions to pan and add barbeque sauce. Use just enough to lightly coat chicken and peppers.
3. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough and stretch out slightly.
4. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Use as little or much as desired. Evenly top with chicken and pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake pizza according to instructions for pizza dough.